Friday, November 19, 2010

Friday Morning Darks

That's supposed to be a play on words. Like the opposite of Friday Night Lights, but what's the opposite of Friday? Monday? I'm sure as hell not talking about Monday, not on a Friday. Er - wait, a, second ... I just did, didn't I?

Damn. Sorry about that. Never mind anyway. The title of the post means nothing. This is just a random stream on unconsciousness because it's still dark outside and no self respecting person in this timezone should be awake just yet.

Welcome to all the new followers and commenters, especially those of you from yesterday. That was an amazing post and I'm really glad to see how well it worked out. Jessica is awesome and it's so nice to be able to call her a friend. It's funny how followers and comments go sometimes. I was stuck at 398 for like two weeks, and now I've gained almost 20 more in just a couple days. Welcome one and all, I truly do love your visits.

So, back to Jessica for a moment. Obviously her novel STRING BRIDGE, which comes out next year on Lucky Press, in November, is very exciting, but I completely forgot to mention (no idea why), that Jessica Bell, Nicole Ducleroir, and myself will all be having our short stories published in the Static Movement Press anthology Literary Foray. There is no date set yet because the editor, Chris Bartholomew is still collecting short stories. If you're interested in submitting, please visit Static Movement's website. Still though, isn't that exciting? It's almost as cool as being agent mates, or it might be even cooler, I'm not sure yet.

You can read my two short stories, and one other that is going into a different anthology, on the My Writing page at the top of this blog. I can't believe I'm being this unprofessional about it, but I don't have links to Jess and Nicole's stories. I can link you to more info about Nicole's short stories in general, here, but Jess doesn't have hers on hers blog. I'll add them to this post if they want me to, but it also may be better for sales if they're kept secret. Mwah hah hah ... yeah.

So the only other thing I want to cover this morning is my buddy T. R. Konrad. TR is a guy I know in real life. He's a lot like me in that he's always loved to read, and often thought about writing, but only recently decided to start taking it seriously. He's not sure about novels, but he loves to write short stories and has decided to seek publication of some kind. Those of you who know me know that I'm all about the writing community, and when it comes to writers helping writers there is nothing I find more satisfying.

So please visit the blog of T. R. Konrad, and read some of his creative writing. His blog is brand new, so it's a little sparse, and his writing still has that raw edge to it that can be so exciting in a new writer. Also be sure to follow his blog and comment, because I have explained to him that this whole blogging thing is all about give and take, so if you visit him, follow and comment, you will gain a loyal reader of your blog as well.

And what's the point of writing on the internet if no one sees it? If you don't share your work with others you're not writing, you're just writing stuff down.

Have a great day. Happy Friday!

39 comments:

Jessica Bell said...

I was wondering when you were gonna tell everyone your short stories are being published! :o) No links to mine. And not giving them. Bwahahahha! Off to check out T.R. :o)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You do well with writing this early in the morning! I compose all my posts in the afternoon a day or two before. Otherwise I'd make no sense at all!

Renae said...

Congrats on getting your short stories published. That's fabulous news Matt!

Christina Lee said...

I'm staring into to darkness too!!

woo hoo for your short stories!!!

Stina said...

We've got the snowy, freezing cold, darkness going on here. :(

Congrats on getting your short stories published! :D

K. M. Walton said...

Matt...wonderful news on your story being published! Congratulations.

Emily White said...

Congratulations! I've never really tried to get my short stories published. I'm so excited for you!

DEZMOND said...

love the last passage in the post

Tracy said...

Matthew, how does someone just forget that he has a short story being published??? Congrats, you Doob!! :D

I wish I could write short stories, but they always turn into novels. I've tried to stop them, but they take on a mind of their own.

Matthew MacNish said...

HAH! Great question Tracy. I didn't forget, I just forgot to mention it on the blog. SORRY!

Simon Kewin said...

Congrats on the stories being published and, if I may say so, a refreshing amount of marketing ineptitude in not telling people. I rather like that!

I shall check out T. R.'s blog now ...

Jeff Beesler said...

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of your friend, Matthew. I agree with you on the whole give and take thing that makes being a part of the writing community so great.

Lydia Kang said...

Isn't that an interesting sentiment? We do write for others, otherwise we wouldn't try to get it published. Congrats on the new followers!

Creepy Query Girl said...

Congrats Matt! That's great news! And I love your title just because its so random. LOL

LTM said...

woo! You guys rock--too excited about the upcoming pubs. Keep us posted on when/where to get copies!

checkin out TR~ :o)

Kelly Polark said...

Yay and Congrats on the short story pubs!!!!!
I'll go check out your friend's blog!
Have a great weekend!

JE said...

Your having a short story published??? That's awesome! Congrats!

~JD

Carolyn Abiad said...

Congrats on getting your short story published!

Copyboy said...

I will have a Dark day! Congrats on 400 plus! You just gained one more fan. Congrats on the short stories being published and I'll def. check out your buddy's blog.

Carolina M. Valdez Schneider said...

I love darktime ramblings. That's pretty much how I run my blog...

Will be sure to check out your friend's blog as well as submission. Congrats on your acceptance for the anthology! Very cool!

Lisa_Gibson said...

Congratulations on your stories being published! That's awesome. :)
Lisa ~ YA Literature Lover

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your short stories being published! I'm a newbie here, but already I love your blog and writing community. Thanks for following my blog, I'm off to check out your friend's blog now! :-)

Carol Riggs said...

Congratz, Matt! yay! confetti!
Haha, I echo Alex C, who composes blog posts ahead of time. But then, I only post once or twice a week, so I can write the stuff on the weekend and let them "marinate" for a day or 2 so I can (hopefully) catch typos and other stupidities just before I post it.

Nicole Zoltack said...

Congrats on your short story! :)

Talli Roland said...

Congrats, Matthew!

Headed off to check out your buddy's blog now!

Angela Ackerman said...

Hey congrats on the pubbed stories! That's great! WOOT!

Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

RaShelle Workman said...

Matt - Very cool to know you're getting your short stories published. Big-time CONGRATS!!!

Shannon Messenger said...

Wow, I can't believe how early you were writing this.

Thanks for the linkage--and congrats on getting your short story published. That definitely deserves a little confetti. *tosses glitter and sparkles and makes your blog look nice and girly* *giggles*

Elana Johnson said...

Dude, I so feel you on the darkness and how no self-respecting person should be up before 9 AM on a Friday.

And congrats on the short stories!!

Mason Canyon said...

Congratulations on your short stories being published.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Old Kitty said...

Yay!! Congratulations with your short stories publication success!! Aww that's brilliant!!

And thanks for all these fabulous links too!!

The opposite of Friday is Evil! :-)
Take care
x

Anonymous said...

great post! i like it
supportin & folloing you!

Chris Phillips said...

Congrats on the short stories.

The point of writing on the internet is to stick it to the man!

Karen Baldwin said...

Published? You? Woo HOO!

Lisa Gail Green said...

Hey - congrats on your anthology publication!! I have a couple of those coming out next year two and am very excited about it. I loved your daughter's take on the Replacement btw, thanks for pointing me there.

Lenny Lee said...

hi mr matthew! wow youre getting some of your stories published! how cool is that! im just really happy cause youre such a really good writer and now the whole world could know it. :) hooray!
...big hugs from lenny

Lucky Press, LLC said...

Congratulations, Matthew. I read The World in Miniature: Babysat by the Man in the Moon. Loved it. And just last night, I saw the man on the moon and said he had a funny expression on his face. My 91 yr old father-in-law asked, Like what? (he's blind). I said, Like he'saying "ooohhhh..."

Anyway, I'll buy the anthology! So just let me know when it's for sale. Which means... Jessica, please post on LP's FB page when it's for sale, so we can all go buy it and support this publisher for having the great good sense to choose your stories.

DL Curran said...

Congrats on getting your stories published! :)

Shannon said...

Happy belated Friday. It's been a busy weekend. Sorry it took me so long to drag my butt over here. We saw the midnight showing of HP and I swear I'm still trying to catch up from that!